Billing & Insurance
Billing Procedures & Payment Information
Understanding the world of health insurance benefits and cost can sometimes be very challenging. Each insurance plan has different policies on what is covered. Your plan may or may not cover the full cost of the procedure, less any co-pays, co-insurance and deductibles that would apply. As a courtesy we will verify your benefits with your insurance company approximately 3-5 days before your scheduled procedure. We encourage you to call the number on the back of your insurance card in advance, to verify your coverage and be prepared to pay on the date of service.
IT IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO:
- Verify routine / screening benefits & diagnostic / medical benefits for an outpatient surgery center. If a polyp or lesion is found during a routine or screening endoscopy, insurance may not pay what you anticipated & you may incur higher out-of-pocket expenses.
- Verify the physician & facility where your procedure is scheduled, is in network with your insurance company.
- Remember that you will receive separate bills ~
- Facility cost - Greater Gaston Endoscopy Center
- Your physician’s office
- Anesthesia Services
- Pathology /Laboratory (if applicable)
PAYMENTS: We accept the following forms of payment:
Cash | Check | Money Order | FSA | HSA | Debit | Master Card | Visa | Discover | Care Credit
Please Bring Your Insurance Card and Photo I.D. with you on the day of your procedure. We will accept most types of insurance, such as Medicare, Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, United Health Care, Multi Plan, as well as many others.
The Center office staff will verify information regarding co-pays, co-insurance, and deductibles that are due from the patient. These fees will be required to be paid on the day of your procedure.
The estimated amount due is calculated on base fees. You will be billed for all remaining balances, dependent upon the final outcome of your procedure.
If you do not have insurance coverage, please come prepared to pay the Center’s self-pay fee, in full, on the day of your procedure. Please contact the Center’s business office at (704) 772-4455 to review your scheduled procedure and the amount due.
Any billing questions after you receive your statement, should be directed to our Billing Professionals at (877) 231-8098.
Participating Insurance Carriers:
- Care Improvement Plus
- Carolina Access
- Aetna- Coventry, WellPath, Advantra Freedom
- Blue Cross Blue Shield- Partners National Health Plans of NC
- First Care
- Cigna Medicare Advantage- Healthspring
- Health Gram
- Health Net
- Multiplan/ PHS/ BeechStreet
- Primary Physician’s Care
- Tricare Certified
- Tricare Contracted
- United Health Care
- Veterans Administration